CALL FOR A QUICK ESTIMATE FROM US FOR OUR YELLOW JACKET EXTERMINATION SERVICES TODAY!
- 505.349-4178 - Albuquerque
- 505.715-5558 - Santa Fe
If you prefer contact by email, please complete the form below. We will follow up with you promptly and provide a quote right away!
1364 Rufina Circle Suite 10
Santa fe NM 87507
3700 Osuna NE, STE 527
Albuquerque NM, 87109
Get a FAST ESTIMATE from
- Yellow jackets are often found in several locations around a your property and can quickly become a buzzing problem if control is not put in place immediately.
- They often build their hives underground in locations that will provide natural shelter from the elements while having easy access for them to come and go
- It’s important to get proper control in place immediately before the yellow jackets begin infesting and become safety issue.
- It is quite common to find yellow jackets around pools, garages, or sheds in the fall when they are seeking proper shelter for the winter.
- Exclusionary techniques are keys in getting rid of yellow jackets.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A YELLOW JACKET PROBLEM
It is usually not hard to identify a yellow jacket problem around a house or property.
- Usually, you will hear a buzzing sound and then quickly see the black and yellow creature fly from a hidden enclosure. With a close listen, you may hear a buzzing sound where it disappeared.
- These are signs that you have at least a small yellow jacket problem. After you identify a yellow jacket problem, the next step is to consider control and plan on removal.
- Yellow jacket removal can be challenging, depending on the location of the nest and the number of insects.
- It’s common to find yellow jackets in the attic, garage, soffit and eaves of a house because these locations are often untouched on a daily basis and provide ample protection from the elements of weather, humans and other animals and insects.
- It is rare to find a nest in the main living quarters of a house, but you may notice a lone yellow jacket or two enter through an open window, door or unsealed entryway.
- Once you identify a yellow jacket problem, the next step is to consider using one of many control methods.
YELLOW JACKET HAZARDS
- If left uncontrolled, yellow jackets can cause a lot of damage and pose health and safety risks for families and pets.
- Many people begin swatting and shooing at yellow jackets, but this can irritate and encourage them to sting or hide.
- When found or uncovered unexpectedly, a yellow jacket may immediately sting and some can sting numerous times.
- Some yellow jackets die after stinging once, but some can continue to sting and draw in other yellow jackets because they feel endangered.
- Small children and pets are at risk, so yellow jacket control in the area should be considered at the first sign of a problem.
HOW TO GET RID OF YELLOW JACKETS
- Contact your local Critter Control of New Mexico control specialist to implement the proper techniques to remove yellow jackets safely and effectively.
- A Critter Control yellow jacket removal specialist in the area will close holes, remove nests and yellow jackets, and then provide tips to prevent them from returning to your property.
- They can also provide ideas on how to control yellow jackets and remove them at the first sign.
- A small yellow jacket problem can quickly become a large problem, so it’s important to contact as soon as you suspect an infestation.
The best way to prevent a yellow jacket problem is to remove them as soon as you notice signs. If you have noticed a yellow jacket problem in your house, garage or shed, it is important to check these areas each spring and fall. It is best to remove the nest when it is small, instead of waiting until the nest attracts hundreds of yellow jackets.
We can help you get rid of yellow jacket problems.
Call today: 505.545.8883 in Albuquerque or 505.545.8891 in Santa Fe.