CALL FOR A QUICK ESTIMATE FOR OUR ANIMAL INFESTATION REMOVAL SERVICE TODAY!
Do you have Animal Noises at your house and need some help? Call your local Critter Control office today at 505.545.8883 in Albuquerque or 505.545.8891 in Santa Fe for effective infestation removal services.
7508 Avenger Way, STE 2A
Santa fe NM 87507
3700 Osuna NE, STE 527
Albuquerque NM, 87109
Get a FAST ESTIMATE from Critter Control of New Mexico!
- Is a severe feverish illness in humans caused by a bacteria that is contracted from rodents, in most cases.
- It is a rare disease and can be caused by two distinct types of bacteria
- Rat- Bite Fever is caused by a bacteria called Streptobacillus moniliformis that is found on the teeth and gums of rats
- Rat- Bite Fever can also be caused by ingesting milk or food that has been contaminated by rat
- By drinking milk or ingesting food contaminated by rat secretion
Symptoms of Rat-Bite Fever occur 2 to 10 days after exposure and include:
- Sudden chills and fever
- Back and joint pain
- Muscle pain
Other symptoms that occur 2-4 days after the onset of fever are:
- Rash on the hands and feet
- Joints may become swollen, red and painful
- Get medical attention from a doctor if you suspect infection
- If possible avoid any and all contact with rats
- Drink pasteurized milk and clean water from a safe source
- Wear gloves and other protective clothing when handling rats
- Was hand immediately after handling rats even when wearing gloves