CALL FOR A QUICK ESTIMATE FROM US FOR OUR WOODPECKER REMOVAL SERVICES TODAY!
- 505.349-4178 - Albuquerque
- 505.715-5558 - Santa Fe
If you prefer contact by email, please complete the form below. We will follow up with you promptly and provide a quote right away!
1364 Rufina Circle Suite 10
Santa fe NM 87507
3700 Osuna NE, STE 527
Albuquerque NM, 87109
Get a FAST ESTIMATE from
- Distributed widely across the world, woodpeckers are known for their loud food-seeking behaviors.
- By drilling holes into trees, the birds gain access to a variety of insects.
- Even though the birds possess remarkably small brains, they are able to accomplish astounding feats.
- However, they persistently and unknowingly pester building residents and owners.
- Woodpeckers typically have red markings on their heads and long, sharply-pointed beaks built for sustained rapping on trees.
- Most common types of woodpeckers also have black and white plumage.
- The pileated woodpecker is one of the largest and most recognizable of its kind, as it grows to about 15 inches long and can weigh up to 14 ounces, which is comparable to the size of crows.
- Their distinctive red crest markings and mostly black bodies, which display only a few white stripes, distinguish the birds from other woodpecker species.
- Most North American regions are home to woodpecker populations.
- Their favorite environments have plentiful trees, as they use the vegetation for nests and as sources of food.
- Woodpecker nest holes are generally just large enough for an adult to fit through.
Are woodpeckers known to enter homes or yards?
- Suburban areas and farmlands typically have enough trees and forested land in the general area to accommodate woodpecker populations.
- Wooden structures are in particular danger of woodpecker activity.
- The nuisance birds are known to drill into wood to build shelter and search for food
- Woodpeckers drill into wood as a social activity as well
Do woodpeckers harm people or property?
- Woodpeckers pose no physical threat to humans, but often cause extensive damage to property
- In addition to being loud and disruptive, woodpeckers inflict structural damage on the sides of buildings, eaves, and trim boards.
- The size of holes will vary depending on whether the birds are looking for food or constructing nests.
- Additionally, woodpecker activity leaves trees susceptible to pest insects, infection and disease, and even death.
Control and Safety
- Bird netting is frequently used to stop woodpecker populations from damaging surrounding trees and buildings.
- Frightening devices also provide some protection.
- Such methods involve the use of shiny, bright, and mobile objects near potential drilling sites.
- Exclusion can be difficult if the birds are well-established in the area, at which point pest control professionals may be the only solution.
Trapping and Removal
When the woodpecker populations around your property gets out of hand, contact Critter Control. Our technicians are trained in humane and thorough bird removal and are familiar with woodpecker behavior. Turning to our team of wildlife removal specialists ensures all the people and birds involved remain free of injury and disease.
We can help you get rid of woodpecker problems.
Call today for Albuquerque and Santa Fe woodpecker problems!