CALL FOR A QUICK ESTIMATE FROM US FOR OUR CHIPMUNK CRITTER CONTROL SERVICES TODAY!
- 505.349-4178 - Albuquerque
- 505.715-5558 - Santa Fe
If you prefer contact by email, please complete the form below. We will follow up with you promptly and provide a quote right away!
1364 Rufina Circle Suite 10
Santa fe NM 87507
3700 Osuna NE, STE 527
Albuquerque NM, 87109
Get a FAST ESTIMATE from
● Chipmunks are closely related to squirrels
● They tend to stay near the ground and are known to dig tunnels and burrows for shelter and food storage purposes.
● These small rodents will climb fences and trees, which can be disruptive and upsetting to homeowners.
● Controlling chipmunk populations is of great importance as their numbers increase wildly each year and they can cause severe damage to structures and vegetation.
● Chipmunks are small, roughly about 8 inches long and weigh about mere ounces .
● These little rodents have fur which is brown in color, and have prominently featured stripes on their back that appear black, white, and tan.
● Chipmunks also have white underbellies and cheeks capable of storing large amounts of food or dirt.
● Most chipmunk species are North American natives.
● While woodlands are a favored nesting location, the small, elusive critters are often also seen darting from cover to cover in suburban and rural environments.
● Chipmunk burrows are usually situated near small shrubs or manmade shelters
● Regions with cold winters drive the rodents such as chipmunks underground for hibernation until warmer weather returns.
● During this hibernation time, Chipmunks feed on the stored food they gathered throughout the warmer months.
Are chipmunks known to enter homes or yards?
● Chipmunks are only spotted indoors on very rare occasions as they prefer the outdoors. They often use shrubs and bushes for shelter and cover.
● They will often venture into yards and lawns to retrieve their favored food sources, such as seeds, nuts, vegetables, carrion, and small amphibians. They will also venture into storage areas where they can find uncovered pet food or bird seed.
Do chipmunks harm people or property?
● Chipmunks are considered pests because they eat flower bulbs, dig for seeds, and consume various vegetables found on lawns and in gardens.
● If their numbers are left unchecked, chipmunks can cause serious damage due to their burrowing habits
● In the event of infestation, foundations, patios, and sidewalks are at highest risk
● These small rodents are also known to steal bird eggs, which can greatly affect the local bird population.
CHIPMUNK CONTROL NEW MEXICO
● While homeowners can attempt to shelter their crops by using fencing materials, chipmunks possess are easily able to climb over or burrow under such obstacles.
● To attempt to control the possibility of an infestations, you should attempt to remove their favorite food sources from the immediate area, such as nuts and bird seed.
● In reality, ridding your yard and home of all sources of sustenance can prove to be very difficult due to chipmunk’s resourcefulness.
Chipmunk Trapping and Removal New Mexico
When basic deterrents and exclusion methods are ineffective for you, Critter Control can step in to solve your problem. Simply waiting for chipmunks to leave is allow opportunity for an infestations to escalate. Be proactive by trusting our trained technicians to eliminate the issue as swiftly and it arrived.
We can help you get rid of chipmunk problems. Call today: 505.545.8883 in Albuquerque or 505.545.8891 in Santa Fe.